Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Holidays

I was on the phone today with someone at work and before we hung up, she said, very chirpily, "happy Valentines Day!" I'm sorry, what? Since when is Valentines Day a holiday that is expressed vocally? I think it should begin and end with Merry Christmas. I'm not a V-day bah humbug. I even made V-day treats for my neighbor, visiting teachees, friends and mom without the slightest expectation of getting any treats in return. But to have co-workers exclaiming, "Happy Valentines Day" all over the office is a BIT much. So, for everyone who agrees with me that Valentines Day, much like Ground Hogs Day, St. Patrick's Day, and Veterans Day (but at least we get this one off work), is not a REAL holiday, here are tee-shirt sayings to go along with the non-holiday:

Love is for losers
My mommy is my valentine
If I do die alone, my cat will wait at least two days to eat me
Olive Juice
I listen to bands that don't even exist yet
I like movies, long walks on the beach, and cliches

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home