Tuesday, October 16, 2007

are you kidding me?!?

I heard on the radio this morning that California Governor/Terminator Arnold Schwarzenegger signed a bill to ban the terms "mom and dad" an "husband and wife" from California public schools. The really weird part is that I couldn't find the story anywhere but random websites like www.worldnetdaily.com, www.libertypost.org, www.CELEBRITYPRO.com - seriously?

Where was CNN on that one? How is this not HUGE news? And why is it that only the really crazy conservatives are saying anything? I think this is going way too far - I think that everyone needs to be sensitive to all family situations (for the kids' sake) but banning words like mom and dad and husband and wife from being said in a public school is crazy - completely crazy. I don't belive family values should be taught at public school - but I also believe that all alternative values and ideas should also be left off the agenda. Did the state even get a chance to vote on this issue? What happened to the idea of majority rules? I just want to know why CNN and other major news organizations didn't run a story on it. Whether or not the nation agrees on it, I don't think I want to trust a website called celebritypro.com to bring me my public school/government bill signing news.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home