Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Tagged by Lori - Eight random facts about me


1) I am terrible at strategy games. Partly because I am easy to read and partly because I get too distracted by everything else going on in the room to pay attention to the game. When my friends play The Great Dalmuti or Bang!, I am usually the peon or one of the first to die. I should do something about it since I hate being at the bottom of the pile so often. But watch out if you challenge me to a game of Trivial Pursuit, Wits & Wagers or Battle of the Sexes. I'm ace at trivia games.

2) I love lip gloss. I used to be a strictly Savex kind of girl. But in high school I got into Bonne bell Lip Smackers and it all snowballed from there. I am ashamed to admit that I once spent $28 dollars on Pout lip plumping lip gloss (it was minty flavored! I couldn't NOT buy it!) but I’ll usually go for the $2 variety. Here are some of my current favorites: Burt’s Bees (mint), Alba (coconut), Terra Tints (purple tint and mint), and Passport Getaway gloss in deutschmark and shekel (green tea and kiwi).

3) I love learning. I’ll take books over television any day. I love researching things - I can spend hours looking things up on the internet or reading design and photography magazines at Barnes and Noble. I use Google to find everything and love websites like instructables.com, diy.com, thisnext.com, turnhere.com, tripadvisor.com, allrecipes.com, etc. Lately I am embracing my complete and total nerdiness.

4) I love baseball. I don't know why, I just do. There is something about it - the spring/summer weather, the sounds, the smell of the grass, the warm nights, the fireworks, going to the game on a date (one of the best dates I’ve ever had) or with your buddies, the popcorn and hotdogs (Chicago dog with ketchup, spicy mustard, onions, and a dill pickle), the crack of the bat, the baseball uniforms with the knee-high socks - I love it all! My favorite team is the Boston Red Sox and my dream is go to a major league game at Fenway, but I love watching any team play - especially city league softball.

5) I have adult ADD. I must - I cannot sit still for very long. Eight hours in a cubicle kills me. I like to be outside or just doing things. Maybe that’s not true. If I’m somewhere I want to be, like working on a project or at the beach, I can sit for hours.

6) I love to sing in my car with the windows rolled down. Yes, I am one of those people. If I could afford it, I would get a Land Rover Defender (complete with 4 inch lift and 33 inch tires) and install a major sound system and blast my music. In the summer, I’ll roll all the windows down and blast my stereo and sing along. It’s really lame - but for some reason, I get giddy just thinking about it. Some of my favorite songs to blast are Lily Allen "LDN", JayZ "Dirt Off Your Shoulder" and Matisyahu "Jerusalem".

7) I only take great pictures accidentally. Whenever I try to get a great photo, it never turns out the way I envisioned it. I want to get a digital SLR this year and start learning how to take better pictures. This fall I signed up for a photography class taught by Bryan Niven – who has such creative style. I have always wanted to take photos for a magazine. (This photo was taken last weekend at Strawberry Reservoir where I went camping).

8) I love my butt! It's a little ghetto, but I love it and am not self-conscious at all about it. I also like my eyes and hair (princess hair, as Lori calls it).


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home