Wednesday, May 2, 2007

the curious incident of the skirt at the gas pumps

today was true to it's typical wednesdayocity. it was rough rolling out of bed and making myself go to work for a full 8 hours today. luckily, i live about a mile away from work (thank nancy pelosi's knickers!) so i get to go home for lunch every day. for years i had a 30 minute commute to and from work and i had to figure out where to spend my lunch break every day. i got used to sitting in my car and eating fast food whilst listening to npr or reading a book, but it is so nice to be able to go home, relax, make real food, and watch scrubs, blind date or the family guy on dvd. incidentally, stewie is absolutely hilarious.

after lunch, lori called as i was driving back to work. just then, i noticed that my gas tank was on empty. as i pull into the gas station and get out of the car (still talking on the phone), a huge gust of wind blows up my skirt and lifts it up practically around my waist. i wish i could have been the innocent by-stander for that one, but it had to be hilarious to watch me try to wrestle down my skirt and talk on the phone all at the same time. i thought i had things under control as i was filling up the tank, but alas, the same pervy gust of wind caught me off guard again and gave everyone at the pumps a good show.

that will teach me to wear a billowy skirt on a windy spring day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home