Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Bright lights Dirty City - not exactly my idea of the path to enlightenment, but . . .

As long as there are winter temperatures above 70, swimming pools with real sand beaches, stores like Sephora, H&M, and Urban Outfitters, breakfast buffets in Paris with eggs benedict and crepes to DIE for, and restaurants like Hash House a-go-go - I say Viva Las Vegas!

Oh Hash House - with your ginormous portions and goat cheese and rosemary Jimmy's, you are my density!!! Lori and I discovered this delicioso joint by happy accident on our way to California once. I've been dreaming of it ever since. I ordered griddled chili crusted Indiana maple duck breasts with prosciutto mashed yams, maple bar b' que glaze, with goat cheese and spicy cashews. I almost got the house special: chicken and waffles with maple reduction. Next time. Can I say: El yum.
Eh, close enough to the real thing . . .

Well done/extra crispy fries! Who ever heard of such a thing? Not In-n-Out surely . . . their fries are limp and lifeless, tasting of raw potato and grease. If one must eat at this place, at least they are cool about made-to-order fry requests to make them edible (bring it on CaliPeeps - I have almost achieved enlightenment and your nasty how-dare-you-not-go-on-and-on-and-on-about-how-amazing-and-glorious-in-n-out-is comments cannot touch me!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home