Monday, January 5, 2009

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - - Goethe

Goethe also said, "As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live." So, instead of New Year's Resolutions, I made a list (I love lists). A list of five items that will revolutionize my life (notice I didn't say, "five goals to accomplish" . . . like my BFF Lori says, if you never make goals, you can never fail to achieve them). This list has no due date, but I will begin each one (or continue on if it's something I have already begun) this year.

In 2009, I pledge to . . .

1. Save money. In an actual savings account. With interest. Because I'm going to need money (see #5).

2. Find my mission/purpose in life.
Easier said than done, but I have a feeling it involves getting a degree in middle-eastern studies, traveling to the Mediterranean (Greece, Turkey, Croatia, Morocco, and Malta are at the top of my list. And maybe Tunisia.), and discovering my great passion in life. This might also include marrying the love of my life and having lots and lots of babies. But then again, maybe not (see #3).

3. Write a great American novel. I'll probably write about dating and all its ensuing, and subsequently inevitable, uncontrollably frustrating mishaps (fortunately, I have many real-life experiences to draw from).

4. Get healthy.
I love to exercise. I don't know why I don't do it everyday. There are some perfectly good 5Ks and mini-triathalons going to waste due to my utter lack of registration-ing. I also love vegetables, so why I don't eat more of them is also a mystery. And why some vegetarians claim animal cruelty as a good reason not to eat them (animals, I mean) have never considered the feelings of broccoli. Note to vegetarians: everything we eat has to be killed before we eat it, whether it's a veal or an eggplant - and just because eggplants aren't furry and cute with big brown eyes doesn't make them less vulnerable in this cruel, cruel world.

5. Move. To Malta. What if I was always meant to live there and just don't know it yet?


. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Links of Randomness: And also, I totally think "The Palms" is way better than "The Hills." {Brought to you by the Meth Minute 39}
http://www.channelfrederator.com/methminute39/episode/TMM_20080313

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home