Thursday, April 10, 2008

Mellow Restored

I think I see a pattern here. I have been absolutely loving life the past week. It has nothing to do with the weather (bi-polar notwithstanding), work, social life, happy hour at Sonic, free trips won on the radio or any other major shift in circumstances - I have been choosing to love everything about life; my life in particular. But suddenly there were pessimists/crap drivers/egomaniacs who started to put some rust on the happiness bus. It was completely harshing my mellow. Then I decided I wasn't going to let any of them/it affect me. I find it amazing how negative energy can spread and poison and taint everything around you. You have to fight it with all the positive and good in life and not let it spread. I read this quote last week and it brought such a sense of peace, empowerment and validity to how I feel life should be lived. Mellow restored.

"God expects you to have enough faith and determination and enough trust in Him to keep moving, keep living, keep rejoicing. In fact, He expects you not simply to face the future (that sounds pretty grim and stoic); He expects you to embrace and shape the future--to love it and rejoice in it and delight in your opportunities.

"God is anxiously waiting for the chance to answer your prayers and fulfill your dreams, just as He always has. But He can't if you don't pray, and He can't if you don't dream. In short, He can't if you don't believe."

(Jeffrey R. Holland, "Terror, Triumph, and a Wedding Feast," CES Fireside, Sept. 12, 2004, 2-3)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home