Friday, May 30, 2008

EZ like Sunday Mornin'

I love finding new restaurants. I am a fledgling foodie - I don't necessarily have an expert palate with super fine taste or anything, but if the average person wants to know where to get a decent taco in this town, I'm your girl . I have recently found out about a few new restaurants to add to my growing list of ono grinds (that's tasty food for all you non-islanders).

EZ Take Out Burger - I have got to be honest. I have been to IN-N-OUT burger plenty of times, at various locations, and I don't see what the big deal is. Yeah, the shakes are pretty good, but the fries suck. And the burgers taste just like the ones I used to get at the West Jordan horse races snack stand when I was a kid. I don't think it's anything to go on, and on, and on, and ON about how great IN-N-OUT is and how Utah doesn't have anything as good as California, blah, blah, blah. That being said, this EZ Take Out Burger from California is el yum. I recommend the Double Take (even power burger style - wrapped in lettuce instead of on a bun - is espectacular). They have these amazing boysenberry shakes that you just have to try. And the FRIES. Oh, the fries. Thank goodness the dudes who brought this California delightfulness to good 'ole Orem upgraded to fry sauce (a Utah original concoction of pure bliss, BTW). Their fries are crispy, season-salt-covered awesomeness. I highly recommend this place - I would even go so far as to say I'd rather get a burger at EZ Take Out than at Fudruckers or IN-N-OUT.
(1055 S. State Street - right by University Mall)

Maria Bonita - A couple friends turned me on to this muy bueno restaurant. Amazing chips and salsa, HUGE portions, waitresses that call you "princess", and Diet Pepsi served with mini key limes that doesn't make you want to vomit (seriously, if I were to take the Pepsi challenge that this restaurant, I would choose Pepsi and not Coke. It's madness!). I am going to go ahead and say that Maria Bonita is the best Mexican food you can get in the U.C.
(171 W 800 N Orem)

Zona Rosa - My sister and brother-in-law took me here during Memorial Day weekend and it was ephenominal. This place has the tastiest steak tacos I've had since eating at this restaurant on the beach in Puerto Peñasco, Mexico. I have gone twice this week, if that tells you anything. Last night I had spinach and goat cheese quesadillas and fried ice cream. I think it might be the best fresh Mex place I've been to.
(main street, Park City)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home